Sunday 15 April 2012

Sack the choir...

So, I said in my first post that from here on in it may get stressful...

The choir master rang me yesterday. I had requested to walk down the aisle to 'The Rose', have 'Annie's Song' during the signing of the register as a nod to my (adored) Nanna who sadly passed away, and for us to leave to The Beatles 'All you need is love'. Easy?

The conversation went as follows:
Choir master: Well, there is no problem with 'The Rose' but we usually sing it before the bride arrives...
Me: mmmmmm
Choir master: The last wedding we did was lovely, the bride entered to 'I am sailing'
Me: I am Sailing???? As in, by Rod Stewart???
Choir master: Yes it was lovely, and the couple exited to 'World in Union'
Me: The rugby world cup anthem?
Choir master: Yes it was really nice, and I'm not sure about 'Annies Song' we'll have to look into how complicated it is...
Me: It's the 'you fill up my senses' song....
Choir master: mmmm, yes, I'll see how complicated it is....
Me: It's the 'you fill up my senses song....' .....anyway, if you could do it I would be really grateful it's in memory of my Nanna; Annie....
Choir master: For the signing of the register we usually do 'Rythym of life' how about that instead?
Me: Are you trying to be ironic?
Choir master: I'll email through some ideas...I don't think we'll be able to do The Beatles, but 'World in Union' is lovely...
Me: I only want the chorus, you know 'All you need is love, all you need is love, all you need is love, love, all you need is love....'
Choir master: Yes I don't think we'll have time to learn it by August really...I'll email some alternatives for you to think about...
Me: Ok, but I would like to walk down the aisle to 'The Rose' rather than it be sung before I arrive, and if you could look into 'Annies Song' and 'All you need is love' for me I would be really grateful..


Cut to email:

(Bare in mind we are paying £250 for this...and that my wedding will be in the middle of the Yorkshire Moors, miles away from the sea...)

Email as follows:

Suggested repertoire:
Arrival of guests: The Rose & Les Mis selection
Arrival of bride: I am Sailing
Signing of Register: Rythym of Life
Exit: World in Union


???????????????

Maybe I could wear a life jacket and people could throw water instead of confetti as I walk down the aisle? And on the way out, Gary could lift me above his head to emulate a line out....

unbelievable....

No comments:

Post a Comment